My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

ordinary - as pisces memang kuat berangan.unpredictable. loving. very energetic (only when it comes to my interest!)matured than before.strict when having to proof practicality..a life with limited friends-not much to worry..which is good. Still pursuing for permanent status as a person..wanting to have ability to love and to get love-for and from everyone attached to me.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Little things I learned in Korea

I just can't believe it. I have never set a dream of visiting the Republic of Korea in my life -- I mean in my long favourite list; and here I am, missing that place so badly.

I thought that, 3 months ago, when I received the news -- that am selected to attend the asia pasific ifla gathering from my boss; felt like I wasn't 'that' connected. It's true. I wasn't that excited -- harsh if I say 'at all'.

The truth was that; I was anticipating another super-great news to enter my ears. It was my masters application.

Few weeks before that, the boss was sending out messages that I was not recommended by my ministry to further my studies -- so I heard. But,I was worried because my brain ( and body and soul and everything!) seemed not to accept that news like we should. I remembered, that time I felt like a ..urmm.. a trash box or something.. ? Can't digest anything crossed my mind. So did the go-to-Korea-news. I felt nothing.

And yes. Miracle does happen; and it indeed tasted so sweet -- especially when we are not/less expecting it. The following week, I received a phone call with that super-great news. Suddenly, I felt alive - again. Oh yes, I haven't announce the news here yet. Am going to my next dream-place-of-mine next year for my masters. I thanked God for that.

Korea-task was interesting. I helped my DG for his keynote paper for the congress. I didn't know what to expect then --except for the chills of accompanying him over there. I barely knew him, the only look on him from me was 'respect-the-boss' and I am sure that was the chills were all about.

So we went. The boss was accompanied by wife and daughter; and me - of course my mon cher. And I can tell you that Korea; by means Seoul and Incheon -- is indeed very interesting. I had a lovely day-and-night experience that I will never forget. I fought my tiredness despite the fasting month -- to make sure we spent every moment there with memories.

I was glad to see mon cher beamed with excitement as we strolled the breezy nights together. Think I am born to make others (but me) happy.. but right there, every night, I was so calm and happy. And again, I thank God for that.

The boss, to my surprise; has been wonderfully easy-going and tolerant for me. He is retiring very soon, and I am glad to have seen and know the other part of him; which make me respect him more. I look up at him in a new perspective now, I guess. I think we have break the barriers we had before, and our chats has become more casual than we used to. That will help, for my next development - for sure.

And I still can't believe I miss almost everything over there. The modern-bare-new-land Incheon had offered me, not forgetting the picturesque autumn views in the outskirts. The smell of the kim-chi ramen soup, the ikan bakar in Nam Dae Mun market, and the laughter we had after being chased by Pak Nik to climb those stairs in Itaewon. Also the unremitting warm hugs mon cher gave to me the whole time we were there. Everything was as good as it is. Locked to be treasured in my mind.

And going back to work - is exactly as miserable as I think it will be. Honeymoon's over darling!

Little details of what life had offered me and the way I took the opportunities and challenges so far, made me think how small I am -- and that there's plenty more obstacles are coming my way.

I am just a plain human. I did stumbled and fall. And I know people are criticizing me all the time. I don't know (or care) what others might think; but I believe somewhere, or in something, we eventually will encounter new deeds or feelings (of respect, love and care) in others -- for us to move on in our lives.

Intann : Korea, You are on my favourite list now. We are sure going back to experience the rest of you. Until then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kak intann,

it's an honour for inviting me to read your blog..i enjoyed reading it..no worries pal,your words are for me to keep..

well, don't bother what other people may say..(but even i did!)..just remember..
" if you fail, learn and move on, you're growing"..

see you other time :)

September 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home