My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

ordinary - as pisces memang kuat berangan.unpredictable. loving. very energetic (only when it comes to my interest!)matured than before.strict when having to proof practicality..a life with limited friends-not much to worry..which is good. Still pursuing for permanent status as a person..wanting to have ability to love and to get love-for and from everyone attached to me.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Aidil Adha..And All That Goes With It

It's Hari Raya AidilAdha - and for the first time since I got married, the whole family are finally here.

Sis Nurul just got home last Saturday to celebrate Aidiladha with her kids. You don't wanna know how sombong Zara is. Kelakar je.

"Hey..! That's my mama..!" I teased her.

There she went yapping. Funnily. Like the talking spongebob.

"NOOO! That's my MAMA! And that's my Mama coming down from the plane and come and buy me Toys..And Lots of toys. And Toys for Kakak Arween too! And not for YOU!!" There she was with her funny protruding eyes. Haha..Got you!

You can tell how crazy sis Nurul is about shopping. The very next morning, the whole gang went to Mid Valley and IKEA. Hehe.


** ** ** **

This year, I managed to go for Sembahyang Raya at our Taman Mega Surau. In fact, I am one of the participant for the Korban-together with Abah, Ma and Syima. Adam, my 7-year-old nephew, was as usual – with his ‘manly-big-talk’.

“Elehh..abang tak takot pon kat lembu..abang sepak je lembu tu..haa..”. He bragged.

Eh cepatlah..abang nak pegi suwau ni..nak tengok lembu!”. He got impatient I guess.

So we went at about 10 a.m. Everybody was with their big and small umbrellas – for the rain hasn’t stop pouring since last night. The surau has already filled with folks from the taman and a few bangladeshees who live nearby.

Tu haa..kawan abang Long..Suke sangat cakap laju.” I teased Adam, pouting my mouth towards the banglas near him. He instantly made a quirky face at me. Hehe. Bengang la tu.

Mon cher, then, teased me back.

Eh..Pegi lah pegang lembu tu. Orang wat Korban kena pegang lah!”

Syima and I refused. We just stand behind the crowds. I was too scared to even think about the whole slaughtering thing. It was beyond imagination. I was putting myself at the scene – I mean my neck behind the sharp knives – waiting for my turn to be slaughtered any minute – Ughhhh! Noooo! What was I thinking??

The so-called-hero, Adam, was shaking-ly frightened behind the crowds. He yelled and almost cried when his pakcik suddenly pushed him to be in-front. There goes our hero. Haha..

Pakcikkk..jom balikkk...” Finally, the tears of our hero poured together with the rain. Haha!

Our lembu was the one which struggled the most. Huhu..Macam tu nak suruh gi pegang. I was freezingly scared. Scared of dying, scared of waiting.

Dear God..I’ve done so many sins. Please, Dear God, forgive me. Deep down I prayed.

I have been wondering-what if I suddenly die, without any back-up of Taqwa; just like the Imam told us in the Qhutbah earlier this morning.

What if, I was one of the victims – who are trapped in the recent landslides; like the one in Ulu Kelang nearby – and not knowing what the fate will be.

Will my good deeds I have now-is sufficient for me to face my dying day? And my Akhirat?

God, I don’t even know whether I have enough Iman to safeguard myself from all the flickering temptations there are in this world. Please, dear God, safe me, guard me, protect me..

Intann : I thought I’ve done so many sacrifices and is hurting all the way through. But today, it finally came clear to my mind, that, people make sacrifices every single day, but one thing for sure, is to be sincere about it. Then only you’ll find the sweetness of sacrifices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home